This weekend we will celebrate the dads in our lives, and what better way to show our love and appreciation than a burger that requires two hands and a stack of napkins!
And the best part is that it’s healthy. Our board-certified holistic nutritionist Lee Bell has done it again, proving that food can be delicious and nutritious. This meal also includes two bonus recipes for a creamy Dijon vinaigrette and sweet caramelized onions that you can use to top your burger.
Check out this dad-approved favorite!
Big Mouth Paleo Burger
- 1 ½ pounds 100% grass-fed beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 Heirloom tomato slices, sliced thick.
- 2 cups organic, wild arugula
- Dijon vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Caramelized onions (recipe below)
- Place first four ingredients into a bowl. Mix until combined. Form into four patties.
- Grill patties over medium heat until desired doneness.
- To serve, stack tomatoes and burger.
- Top with arugula and caramelized onions.
- 1 large red or yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook onion over medium-low heat in a large skillet.
- Add Celtic or Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook covered, 10 to 13 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook uncovered, over medium-high heat or until golden, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a glass bowl.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Celtic or Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil
- Add the oil slowly while whisking vigorously.
- Shake well before using.