Dreading the end of summer? Keep the spirit alive with this cod salad recipe, courtesy of Attune Health nutritionist Natalie Fortune!
Best of all, cod has numerous health benefits. First and foremost, it is a great source of lean protein – for instance, a 3-ounce piece of Atlantic cod contains only 90 calories and 1 gram of fat, all with a whopping 19 grams of protein. Moreover, it is also rich in important in minerals such as phosphorus and selenium, as well as Vitamin B.
Try this salad today – your body will thank you!
- 2, 3-4 oz Pieces of Wild-Caught Cod
- 1 Tablespoon of Avocado Oil
- 2 Cups of Arugula
- 4 Tablespoons of Walnuts
- ½ Cup of Black Berries
- ½ of an Avocado
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat avocado oil over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating up, season both sides of the cod with sea salt and black pepper. Place the cod in the pan, and cook for a few minutes on each side until the cod is completely cooked. I like to squeeze some lemon juice on each side of the cod!
- While the cod is cooking, you can put together this quick salad. In a bowl, add the arugula, walnuts, black berries, juice of one lemon, olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss all of the ingredients together and arrange on two plates.
- When the cod is finished cooking, place a piece on each salad and top with sliced avocado.