Looking for a delicious way to incorporate vegetables into your diet? Look no further than this garlic and herb mushroom dish, a perfect compliment to any protein or plant based meal. In addition to tasting great, mushrooms are also fat-free, low sodium, and cholesterol-free.
Mushrooms are packed with antioxidants that can lower your risk of diseases such as cancer and heart disease, as well as boost your immune system. Mushrooms are rich in potassium, which is vital for heart, nerve, and muscle function.
Try out this dish – your taste buds and your body will thank you!
- 2 Teaspoons of Avocado Oil
- ½ Pound of Crimini Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Rosemary, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Thyme, Minced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium high heat.
- While the skillet is heating up, remove the stems of the mushrooms. (Tip: You can save these to make delicious stock later!)
- When the skillet is hot, add the oil and then the mushrooms. Have all of the mushrooms facing down so the flat side of the mushroom is facing up. Allow them to cook this way for a few minutes.
- After about 4 or 5 minutes, flip all of the mushrooms. Now allow the top to brown and caramelize.
- After a few more minutes, when the mushrooms are tender and brown, add the minced garlic and herbs. Stir for a few minutes until the dish becomes fragrant.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of sea salt, then toss the mushroom a few more times.
- Plate this dish with any lean protein of your choice.